What Are You Looking For?

Apr 25, 2009

Editing Your Photos-Part One


Editing your photos can be much more than simply cropping, rotating, and taking the red-eye out of your photos. Though those things are helpful-and necessary skills for a photographer-there is much more to editing your photos than that.

If you are a creative person (like me :) this can be an avenue to express your creativity further.

There are endless effects, and combinations of effects you can apply to your photos, 'the sky's the limit' so be creative!

I'll start out with some basic stuff (layers and colors) and then show you some photos with more 'artistic' effects and creativity involved.

Note: All of the effects I used in the following photos came from the effects toolbar as pictured above.


Layering:
Layering is a very important technique and can be a great deal of fun to play around with. You can adjust the opacity of the photos to create a variety of professional looking photographs. Here are a few simple ones I have done to illustrate:








Color (or lack thereof):


Black and White:


Sephia/Old Paper:




(also Palette Knife on last picture)






Artistic Effects:

Charcoal:

Colored Pencils:


Emboss:


Soft Focus (I used Gaussian Blur):



In my next post I'll go more in-depth into Artistic Effects with Before and After shots.

No comments: